- "Ode to A Chicago Public School" Chicago READER
- Shortlisted for a Chicago Review of Books Award 2020
- "I love Natto," The Takeout
- "The Favourite and the Chaotic Ways That Women Move," The Atlantic
- "Unpacking the Fictional Japan of Isle of Dogs," The Atlantic
- "What Miyazaki's Heroines Taught Me About My Mixed Race Identity," Catapult
- "Notes on Citizenship," Longreads
- Notable Mention in Best American Travel Writing 2020
- "Suicide in Min Jin Lee's Pachinko," Ploughshares
- "On Jellyfish," WILDNESS
- Nominated for Best American Essays 2019
- Included in WILDNESS journal Omnibus edition, 2019
- How to: Mistranslate, Catapult (Monthly Column starting Jan 2018)
- "Aishiteru: How To Say "I Love You" When the Language Doesn't Exist"
- "Yuutsu: When Mental Health Is Mistranslated"
- "Nukumori: When the Distance Between You and Your Loved Ones Disappears"
- "Hafu: On the Fetishization and Mistranslation of a Biracial Identity"
- "The True Meaning of a KFC Christmas," EATER
- "A Theory of Ghosts", The Collapsar
- 2017 Pushcart Prize Nominated
[ All of my writing for The Atlantic can be found here. All my writing for the Chicago READER can be found here. All my writing for Catapult can be found here. All of my writing for EATER can be found here. If you require a more complete list of my writing, please contact me for my CV.]
- Haircut Poems, chapbook published by Dancing Girl Press
- "Salome Dances The Seven Veils, Asks For The Head Of A Baptist In Return", The Margins, Asian American Writer's Workshop.
- "Astral Cannibal", |tap| lit mag.
- "the last time you took an airplane", "eve to her maker, in defense of hunger", alice blue review.